You've received an inspection to perform - what now? What happens after an inspection has been sent to someone to complete?
Receiving the Inspection
- When an inspection is sent to a resident, they will receive an email notifying them of the inspection. This email will have the sender's display name, and will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org so it's important to make sure this email address is accepted as a known sender to avoid having inspections land in an email spam filter. The email's subject line reads "You've been requested to complete a [name of inspection]"
- Clicking the View Inspection button will open the inspection within a browser window, to an overview screen. Clicking Inspection will show the inspection form.
- If the inspection is already complete, a message will indicate it's already done.
- If the inspection isn't accessible for other reasons, a message will reflect that it isn't available.
The Inspection Screen
- Once you've opened the inspection, you'll see a list of sections which will contain items. You'll be able to select options in each rating set, add notes, and upload photos.
- Clicking on the Add Photo button will prompt you to attach or take a photo, depending on the type of device you're using.
- If this inspection has already been started, it will show the current state of the inspection. Any photos, notes and rating data entered is saved, which means if you're interrupted or close your browser and reopen it again, you shouldn't lose any data so long as it was able to sync.
Signing Guest Inspections
- If a signature is required, you'll complete the inspection and then click Next which will take you to the option to sign a declaration stating that this inspection was completed by yourself and is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- By selecting the Click to Sign option, a dialogue view will open to present you with an area to draw your signature.
- Once the declaration has been signed, the Agree and Complete Inspection button will appear. Clicking this button will submit the inspection and take you to the saving inspection view.
Follow this link to also view a video tutorial.